- Experience administrating several different Linux distributions in a variety of configurations.
- Skilled at troubleshooting a large variety of common Linux server applications.
- Experience in positions of team leadership as well as self directed leadership.
Production Operations Engineer, June 2013 - Present
I support a large eCommerce platform, and work directly with the production environment. I am responsible for maintaining a high degree of uptime and assisting with large scale code deployments utilizing tools like git and Puppet. I also function as a third tier esclation point for customer facing support staff.
Linux Systems Administrator, February 2012 - June 2013
Supported dedicated Red Hat Linux servers with a mixture of OpenStack hybrid environments, and interfaced directly with customers via telephone and ticketing system. Provided technical support and troubleshooting for a variety of system configurations. Assisted customers by providing advise on and performing general Linux server maintenance and configuration tasks, coordinating with networking and data center operations when necessary.
Linux Systems Administrator, September 2011 - February 2012
Trained in administrating and monitoring Linux servers in a web hosting environment utilizing cPanel/WHM and Plesk. Worked with customers both over the phone, on live chats and via an e-mail driven ticketing system troubleshooting issues with web applications, on shared, reseller, VPS and dedicated servers in both managed and un-managed environments.
Education & Achievements
- IICRC Water Damage Restoration Certification
- OSHA 10 Certification
- Mountain Ridge High School, Glendale, AZ - Diploma, 2004 National Honor Society
- Eagle Scout