- Experienced with maintaining and provisioning Debian and RHEL servers using orchestration software like Puppet or Ansible.
- Comfortable working both with bare metal servers and in cloud providers like AWS and Rackspace.
- Familiar with working in a PCI environment, handling data in a CDE, assisting with yearly audits and daily auditing of logs and environment.
- Skilled at troubleshooting a large variety of common Linux server applications, both in an environment with a monolithic application and one with microservices.
- Experience in positions of team leadership as well as self directed leadership.
Systems Engineer II, July 2015 - Present
Production Operations Engineer, June 2013 - July 2015
I support a large eCommerce platform, and help to maintain a high degree of availability while being agile enough to provide great features for our clients.
- Participated in yearly PCI audits and daily audit tasks.
- Used Puppet and Ansible to maintain a large number of servers and services.
- Assisted with deployment of several Ruby apps and a number of PHP applicaions.
- Helped maintain a large Elastic Search cluster with faceted search.
- Basic familiarity maintaining a Hadoop cluster.
Linux Systems Administrator, February 2012 - June 2013
At Rackspace I worked on a large variety of different systems and applications, developing strong troubleshooting skills. I experienced the rapid growth of OpenStack and was able to support customers through their early stage implementations of hybrid cloud environments.
- Worked primarily with dedicated RHEL and CentOS servers, as well as a mixture of OpenStack hybrid cloud environments.
- Provided technical support and assistance to customers via phone and ticketing system.
- Supported customers with a variety of solutions for configuration issues and failures, application bugs, and hardware upgrades.
- Consistently performed standard administration tasks such as hardware, software, and OS upgrades.
- Worked direclty with the data center and provided regular assistance to networking teams.
Linux Systems Administrator, September 2011 - February 2012
At HostGator, I worked as a junior administrator, helping to maintain a large fleet of shared hosting servers, supporting clients with basic troubleshooting, and fulfilling regularly scheduled maintenance duties.
- Learned and practiced basic troubleshooting for a Linux environment. Worked primarily in CentOS.
- Supported customers with a variety of solutions for web application issues on shared, reseller, VPS, and dedicated servers.
- Regularly Installed, upgraded, and maintained cPanel/WHM and Plesk.
Education & Achievements
- Mountain Ridge High School, Glendale, AZ - Diploma, 2004 National Honor Society
- Eagle Scout